Help!!! I. Can’t. Stop. Eating. These.
I love chocolate, the darker the better. I wanted to make something that I could eat in small portions but with big flavor while satisfying my sweet tooth. Plus, I wanted it be healthy with “good for me” ingredients.
So I made this recipe with my daughter, and now my whole family loves them!
Chocolate Cups with Nut Butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
1/2 cup smooth almond butter or peanut butter (try raw PB)
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup (I prefer honey for texture)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Melt the coconut oil. Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Pour into paper-lined muffin tin cups or silicon muffin cups and fill 1/2 to 2/3 full. Makes 24 mini muffin sized chocolate cups (I make this size) or 10 regular muffin sized cups. Chill for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes. When firm, remove.
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. I keep mine in the freezer because I like this consistency better. It is not rock hard, but in between solid and smooth. I imagine they are softer in the refrigerator, and that just isn’t my preference. Plus, you can keep them even longer in the freezer. But, if you are like them as much as my family does, then they won’t even last a few days. Plan ahead and buy enough ingredients to make another batch.
**For those of you who have nut allergies, you can use sunbutter (sunflower butter) in place of almond or peanut butter.
**For a unique and really satisfying twist on this recipe, add 2 tablespoons of Shaklee’s Vivix for Chocolate Cups with PB & J! For those not familiar with Vivix and it’s health benefits (plus it’s great flavor):
Vivix is a scientifically advanced liquid dietary supplement with key ingredients that have been shown to Slow Aging at the Cellular Level™*
- Key ingredients in Vivix have been shown in a clinical study and numerous laboratory studies to improve cell defense, cell energy, cell repair, and cell performance*
- Delivers a broad spectrum of over 15 polyphenols—including ellagitannins, one of nature’s most potent antioxidants*
- Ingredients that are 10X more powerful than resveratrol alone in slowing a key mechanism of cellular aging*
- IMPORTANT: All natural—no artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, or preservatives
- Patent pending and exclusive to Shaklee
To learn more about Shaklee’s Vivix, go to this link: http://member.myshaklee.com/us/en/products.php?sku=21200. Love this stuff!
Take care and be well,